23 things I did before turning 23 

 

1)             Moved to a new city to study.

After my high School got over, I decided to do my graduation from a different city and trust me, it was probably one of the best decisions I took for myself.

 

2)             Got selected in College’s badminton team.

I was actually very surprised at this. I didn’t actually realise that I was so good at playing Badminton until I got selected in the College team.

 

3)             Got my first degree.

I was so delighted and happy to get my first degree though I couldn’t make it to the convocation but yeah it was really a big moment for me.

 

4)             Visited 8 Indian states and 2 UT’s with ‘la familia’.

Since my parents love to travel therefore, we have been going to visit new states from time to time in our summer break when I was a kid. Some states include – Goa, Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh, U.P., Uttarakhand, Panjab etc.

 

5)             Went on ‘that Manali trip’ with friends.

Like everyone going to Manali was always on my bucket list and I couldn’t be more happier, when I went on that trip with my two best friends. I will never forget that trip.

6)             Participated in speech and poem competitions both in School and outside School.

From my primary School, I have been participating in many curricular activities like Speech Competition or Poem Competition. It taught me a lot.

 

7)             Developed interest in Reading.

I don’t know how I got fascinated towards reading but yeah after finishing a book in just 3-4 days I can say that I enjoy reading and  collecting the books for my bookshelf. HAHA…

 

8)             Executed a roleplay as a leader.

In the study of Education, we are asked to participate in many extra-curricular activities, so because of this I landed into a roleplay in which I happened to be the group leader and executed the roleplay which went really well and was highly appreciated by the teachers.

 

9)             Learned cooking.

I never thought that I would be saying this one day. But yes, I learned to cook, the basic Indian cooking in the 2020 lockdown.

 

10)         Became a certified Chocolate Artist.

I enrolled myself into a Value Added Course which was ‘Chocolate Artistry’.

I got the certificate for it after completing the 30 hours and the test required to pass the course. This was truly a new and wholesome experience for me.

 

11)         Started Mandala Art.

I got to know about this art form from a classmate of mine back in college and somehow, I also started doing that and found it very relaxing and therapeutic.

 

12)         Attended first College fest.

As someone who has grown up watching Bollywood movies and seeing College fests, I always wanted to experience the College fest and after attending it, I must say that it is an amazing experience. The whole vibe of the fest is different. You will see a  month before, the hustle and bustle in the College, everyone busy in doing one thing or the other and it will also change your perspective towards your College.

 

13)         Travelled alone from home to Chandigarh via public bus.

This was a very unique experience for me. When I was a kid, I used to get scared about the idea of travelling alone but I did it and got used to it and later on I enjoyed travelling alone.

 

14)         Developed interest in aesthetic photography.

Everyone loves aesthetic pictures and things right? Thanks to Instagram… And because of which I developed interest in capturing all aesthetic things like Sky, clouds, rain, plants etc.

 

15)         Represented College in Inter-College Badminton Tournament.

This was a very proud moment for me as it was the first time that I was representing my College in the field of Sports. I was quite nervous in the beginning but overall it was a new and fun experience for me.

16)         Visited an Art Gallery.

I love art and everything related to art. So, visiting the art gallery was undoubtedly a wholesome experience for me. I saw such unique and beautiful paintings by Indian artists which can’t be described in words. Each painting had a different message and story to tell which was very interesting to see.

 

17)         Lost friends.

This I’m sure each one of us have gone through. People come and go, give us good and bad times and at last teach us some important life lessons for the future.

 

18)         Travelled alone via Train.

 All my life I had travelled by train with my parents only and it was during my final year of College that I travelled alone, without my parents. Though it was a journey of just 4 hours!!! And indeed, it was a very peaceful and relaxing journey. It gave me a sense of adulting.

 

19)         Watched more than 200 movies.

 I have always loved watching movies and as a family we have always went for movies from time to time. From ‘Khuch Khuch Hota Hai’ to ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’, I have watched it all and it was in the Lockdown of 2020 only that I got to watch so many movies and Episodic series.

 

20)         Binge watched an entire Kdrama in a day.

I can’t stress enough on how swoon worthy Kdramas are and once you start watching them there’s no going back and it’s not tough to say that they are quite addictive and changes your taste in everything. I once finished a Kdrama – ‘Boys over Flowers’ in a single day!

 

21)         Prepared for UPSC-CDS.

I prepared for UPSC CDS for almost 2 years and it taught me so many things and shaped me as an individual. The UPSC preparation teaches you a lot. I learned patience, self-confidence and ofcourse the general knowledge of India and the World.

 

22)         Started Blogging.

It has been quite a long since I started blogging and there is no doubt in the fact that I’m enjoying it to the core. I have found a platform, where I can now share my views and writings with other people.

 

23)         Became my own Cheerleader.

This was an important thing which I did for myself. There are situations where even your parents are not there with you like in a dorm, in some other city, and at that moment you stand and cheerup for yourself. This comes with practice and sheer self-belief.

 



 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My love for Armed Forces

Science Education